Bedrooms - 2
Sleeps - 4
Bathrooms - 1
Sorry no pets
Holiday rental prices and last minute offers
Please select your start date
Connetts Farm Holiday Cottages
2 bedrooms, sleeps 4
North Barn consists of two large, three bedroom cottage South Barn consists of three, 2 bedroom cottages. All year price £320 to £780 per week depending on which Barn and occupancy. Coarse fishing on the farm is free and exclusive to our guests.> Self-catering prices include all bed linen, towels, gas, water and electricity. A deposit is not normally required. Payment can be made in full on arrival in pounds sterling, or by bank transfer, at the latest, 6 weeks before arrival. All children 5 years and under come free.
North Barn consists of two large, three bedroom cottage
South Barn consists of three, 2 bedroom cottages.
All year price £320 to £780 per week depending on which Barn and occupancy.
Coarse fishing on the farm is free and exclusive to our guests.>
Self-catering prices include all bed linen, towels, gas, water and electricity.
A deposit is not normally required. Payment can be made in full on arrival in pounds sterling, or by bank transfer, at the latest, 6 weeks before arrival.
All children 5 years and under come free.
Connetts Farm is a coastal farm situated on The Isle of Sheppey, a small island with good road links and two non-toll bridges giving easy access to the mainland with motorway links to London, Canterbury, Rochester, Dover and Channel ports, Eurotunnel and London airports.
There's loads of things to and see and activities to do in the area for all ages - here is a few:
Leeds Castle near Maidstone is open to the public and is just an easy driven 20 miles away.
Wind surfing from Minster Leas beach 3.5 miles and perfect waters for Sailing with a yearly Round the Island race.
Golf courses at Sheerness, Sittingbourne, Upchurch River Valley and Boughton
Bird watching and wonderful walks at Elmly National Nature Reserve and also Swale National Nature Reserve both just minutes away by car.
Raptors are abundant on both.
Fishing from the beach is possible from many locations around the island and coarse fishing on the farm is free and exclusive to our guests.
Nearby at Minster and Halfway there are a selection of excellent quality restaurants and takeaways. Indian, Chinese, Turkish and of course Fish and Chips.
Clay shooting, with equipment and tuition if required, can be found on certain days at Harty on the south side of the island and also near to the old Kingsferry bridge at Kingsferry Gun Club, Old Sheppey way.
Harty is also where you can visit the tiny, isolated 11th/12th century Church of St. Thomas the Apostle, a hidden gem.
Minster Abbey, or to give it its full title, The Abbey Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary and Saint Sexburgha, is also just a couple of miles from the farm, where it occupies the highest hilltop position on the otherwise flat Isle of Sheppey and has been a place of worship for over 1,400 years. The gatehouse to the Abbey houses Minster Abbey Gatehouse Museum which displays local archaeological finds and local fossils, local artists’ work including a collection of Harold Batzer’s paintings and a multitude of artifacts donated by the island people.
The Cottage Accommodation
The two barn conversions are situated on the North & South sides of the courtyard which was originally the cattle yard with
the proprietor's Farmhouse situated on the West side.
This old converted hay barn consists of two large, three bedroom cottages with the lounge situated on the first floor. The cottages are comfortably furnished and provide good quality accommodation for our visitors.
Each cottage is centrally heated and carpeted.
On the ground floor each cottage has a fully equipped dining kitchen with electric cooker, washing machine, tumble drier, microwave, fridge/freezer, cutlery, crockery and cooking utensils, one twin bedroom and a family bathroom with toilet, hand basin, bath and shower cubicle.
On the first floor there are two double bedrooms. The large lounge with exposed beams and ample furnishings for relaxing is also situated on the first floor giving panoramic views across the farm and sea. TV with Freesat is installed.
A drying line is situated on the lawn adjacent to the cottages if required.
Each cottage has an iron, ironing board and vacuum cleaner.
Each cottage sleeps 6 persons plus cot maximum. Free Guest WiFi
Situated with views overlooking the pond and farmland, this building was originally the cattle shed.
South barn consists of three, 2 bedroom cottages.
The cottages are comfortably furnished and provide good quality accommodation for our visitors.
On the ground floor each cottage has a fully equipped kitchen with electric cooker, washing machine, fridge/freezer, microwave, cutlery and crockery and cooking utensils, a bathroom with toilet, hand basin, bath and shower cubicle and a lounge with Freesat TV & dining table.
On the first floor, above the lounge, there is a gallery bedroom with double bed. Bedroom 2 is a twin bedroom and is situated through a door off of the gallery.
All cottages have iron, ironing board and vacuum cleaner.
A drying line is situated on the lawn adjacent to the cottages.
A tumble drier is situated in an adjacent outbuilding if required.
Each cottage in South Barn sleeps 4 persons + cot maximum. Free guest WiFi
On arrival at the village of Eastchurch, turn left into Warden Road (between the Church & The Shurland Hotel). Keep on this road, down the hill and follow where the road bends to the left.(Do not turn right here!) after this you will pass a row of houses on your left, and then after a distance of approximately 300m, Connetts Farm is situated on the right, down a private road lined with tall Poplar trees.
SORRY, NO PETS
(Terms & Conditions)
1. The Hirer shall have the right to occupy the Property specified on the confirmation for the agreed period.
2. The Hirer is responsible for the safety of all children in the booked party while staying at Connetts Farm.
3. The cottages are for the sole use of the named persons in the booked party & no other persons, other than those in the booked party, may stay in the cottages and no visitors are allowed without prior permission from the management as this may incur extra charges.
4. The booking is not transferable.
5. In the event of non-arrival or cancellation by the Hirer within 6 weeks of the date of arrival, the full amount due is payable.
6. In the unlikely event of the owners having to cancel any confirmed booking, their liability will be limited to the refund in full of any monies paid.
7. Unless otherwise specified, payment to be made in full by bank transfer, at the latest, 6 weeks before arrival. Any deposit paid on booking is totally non-returnable.
8. The arrangement of any cancellation/theft/damage insurance cover required by the Hirer is the responsibility of the Hirer.
9. The Hirer will permit the owners or his agents the right of entry to the property for the purpose of inspection or to carry out repairs.
10. Bed linen, towels, gas, electricity and water is provided with no extra charge.
11. Bookings are from 15:00 on day of arrival to 10:30 on day of departure unless otherwise agreed
12. Guests are requested not to cause annoyance or nuisance to other residents and to leave the cottage in a clean and tidy condition.
13. No pets are allowed in the cottages.
14. The owners reserve the right to evict from their property, any persons at any time deemed by them to be in breach of these terms and conditions without refund of any monies paid.
15. The supplied guest registration form must be completed by all guests before departure.
Change over day Saturday Check in/out times In 15:00/Out 10:30
Weekend/short breaks - 3 nights minimum charge / stay
We have a simple price structure that keeps prices the same for all of the year so that families pay the same price during peak periods and school holidays as at other times throughout the year.
Sorry no pets.
Sheerness map and Connetts Farm Holiday Cottages location
- WiFi available:
- Washing machine
- Gatwick 58 miles
- Sheerness 5.5 miles
- Sittingbourne 11 miles
- London City 54 miles
- Canterbury - 30 miles
- Maidstone - 20 miles
- Dover Castle - 50 miles
- Fossil hunting on the beach below the farm when conditions allow. Bird watching. Being a coastal farm we have many birds, some common, some rare. They often make a stop here as their first or last landing when making their migration journey across the sea. Amongst others, Woodpeckers, Wheatears, Harriers, Coots, Buzzards, Fieldfare, Wagtails, Moorhens, Kestrels, Shelduck, Mallard, Pheasant, Little grebe, Partridge, Curlew, Redwing and even Green Ring-necked Parakeets are regular visitors here.
- There is a garden within the courtyard with bar-b-que and seating. Surrounding lawns, fields and woodland are accessible to all Guests with a walk along the cliff-top giving views out across the Thames estuary towards the neighbouring county of Essex and North sea. Guests are welcome to walk anywhere within the property and perhaps enjoy a picnic in any suitable location they find.
- Sorry no pets
- Sorry no smoking in the cottages
- Free Guest WiFi
- Free coarse fishing on the farm - exclusive to our guests.